After a career spanning two decades in the corporate and finance worlds, Caroline took a break and stepped into her first yoga class at a neighbourhood gym in 2004. This immediately kindled a deep and enduring passion in yoga, eventually prompting her to undertake her first yoga teacher’s training in 2012. A highly experienced teacher with more than 4,500 classes under her belt, she has also attained a 500-hour Advanced Vinyasa Teachers Training with highly-respected teacher Jason Crandell focusing on the alignment-based vinyasa method.
A prominent part of her teaching experience has been with major gym and fitness chains, as well as boutique yoga studios. Thus she is well-versed with the needs and aspirations of yoga participants from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds.
Her previous volunteer involvement with Place for Academic Learning and Support (PALS) where she taught children cancer survivors left a deep impression on her. Coupled with the enriching experience of guiding mature adults who only began their yoga practice much later in their lives, she now holds a deep conviction that yoga is truly for everyone. The key is to understand ourselves, keep an open mind and explore till we find the teacher and style that best resonates with us.
Qualifications and Certifications
· Bachelor of Business Administration from the National University of Singapore
· 200-hour Flow Yoga Teacher Training certification with Fitness First Asia, a registered Yoga Alliance teacher training school
· BOSU Mind & Body class certification by master trainer Helen Vanderburg
· Yin Yoga training certification with senior yin trainer Jo Phee
· Continued Education Training for Vinyasa Teachers certification by Tan Hee Boon
· 500-Hour Advanced Vinyasa Teachers Training certification by Jason Crandell
· Workshops led by well-known and respected teachers Chris Kummer, Simon Park, Pete Guinosso, Tiffany Cruiskshank, Peter Scott, Desiree Rumbaugh, Dylan Werner, Christina Sell and Jason Crandell; Stretch Therapy workshop with Kit Laughlin
· Mother of 2 grown-up children!